Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
WARNING: This blog may contain mean, annoying, crazy, and sometimes down right horrible text. Readers beware!!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Part 2 of 2....Pushy People!!!

For those of you who know me, I think you have a pretty good understand of me or at least have some understanding, right? So this post is not to offend or make anyone mad, I am me and I see things and do things my way...THAT'S JUST ME!!!



A little back story to get into the whole story...... Saturday Jeff went up the mountain and cut wood for 7 hours with a friend so that baby could stay warm this winter :) I had to work, for the first Saturday since I started working at the pool ;(! I got off around 6ish and we went to dinner at the bowling alley, it was divine, went and visited his parents (his mom is having gallbladder surgury..today actually, look what I started), yada yada. Sunday is, for the most part, our chill and do nothing day. That doesn't always work out, such was the case this Sunday, Jeff's freind was coming home from the mountain and dropped off the wood at our house under the carport in a huge pile! Then we went back to bed, later around 2ish our good friend Becki called and wanted to go to "linner" lol so I got up threw some clothes on and we finished watching the soccer game, then we went to Denny's ate and talked for awhile then we came back home and AWESOME Becki offered to help us stack our wood. Can I just say...I wish I had more amazing friends like Becki, she didn't have to help us by any means but she did anyways, I love her she is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!! Any who so here we are working away trying to hit Jeff and stack the wood lol great times, when this car pulls up and out jumps a man in a suite, instantly I know...It's someone from the church!


Now this is where the story starts... I am not an active church going individual and I was never baptized in the LDS Church, however the rest of my family was, I wasn't old enough at the time and we became slightly inactive when I did become old enough so it just never happened. I did attend church on Sunday; I was slightly active in young women activities, and so and so forth! I do believe in God, I just don't believe that I have to go to church to be accepted by him or to "worship" him! So here we go… Several times before, members of the church have stopped by to say hi, to see how we are doing, to invite us to activities and to go to church, they are super nice and understanding when we explain to them that we are just not interested in going right now, maybe later on down the road we possibly might go, just it isn’t what we wish to do right now! This man however was not so nice and understanding. When he first walked up the comment out of his mouth was “this looks like hard work, I’m just going to turn my head”, now in the church I went to, when you came upon someone working especially a pregnant woman and another woman and a man you offered some assistance, down fall number 1. He introduces himself and says he is the missionary something in the ward and he has stopped by several times and this is the first time we have been home. He then says he has Jeff’s records and noticed that I was not a member and that we can go ahead and change that… I said no thanks that’s ok! He then pressed on asking questions about us and so on and so forth, I let Jeff do all the talking. Jeff told him we are gone a lot and that we are not denying the church, we appreciate all that they do, we are just not interested in going at this time. Side note Becki is still working away throwing wood, and the dog won’t stop barking, I leave to put the dog inside and come back out. When I come back out the comment I hear is “well when the missionaries need a good meal I will send them over so they can talk with you” this being said right after the whole we are no interested at this time, I am already a member just not active spill.


Now again not to offend, I have several friends including Becki who are active members in the church as well as all of Jeff’s family and most of mine! I have absolutely no problem with the church, however I do have a problem with overly pushy people who for one make you feel inadequate because they don’t listen to what you have to say and for another think that they are going to “change” you because what and who they are is right and what and who I am is not! Unfortunately I am who I am and when you push me to hard to do something I don’t want to I PUSH BACK negatively because I don’t want to do what you want me to. So the man say goodbye heads to his car, we start working again when all of the sudden he was back and he says I was wanting to invite you to the ward block party this week, Jeff said o yeah when is that because so and so wanted us to come and we told him we would, he told Jeff when is was and then says well good that’s a perfect time for you to meet up with the missionaries so they can talk with you. ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!? I understand you have a calling and understand that the missionaries are there to spread the word and be kind and invite people to the ward, but I don’t appreciate being ignored. After he left I was irked and so was Jeff, it’s like why do we even tell you something when you aren’t going to listen to us.


Now this is a prime example of why I choose not to attend church. I do not like people who think they can control you and change you. I am my own person, I do what I feel is right for me and some of the choices I make are not approved by the church, so instead of being fake or sac religious I just do me and don’t go! I wish that I was able to explain that to an individual and they would hear what I was saying, but instead they push push push. Now for most part I am kind and nice and so on, but I refuse to be kind and nice when I am not treated the same way. I’m sorry but because of this man and his pushiness I won’t be inviting anyone into my home I don’t care who they are. Sorry for the rant and sorry if I offended anyone, but it is my choice and Jeff’s choice to not go to church and we would appreciate if we were heard when we said we where not interested at this time. Thank you to all of our friends and family who respect that and aren’t constantly pushing it on us!!! Much Love >.<

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had a bad experience! That dude sounds super annoying! AH, i hate people that are like that!

    ReplyDelete