Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
WARNING: This blog may contain mean, annoying, crazy, and sometimes down right horrible text. Readers beware!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The past few months!!!

So life is crazy, well not really but it sounds like a good excuse!!! I am a super slacker when it comes to my blogging. Life just isn't that exciting, but I will ramble on about the past few months so that all of you can be caught up on me!!! =D



October- It was so long ago I can't really remember what we did! I am sure the month consisted of softball, more softball, and even more softball!!! Then there was Halloween, the first for us in our house!! We had lots of fun staying home and handing' out candy to all the little trick-or-treaters, I was surprised we actually got quite a few!



November- Not a whole lot went on in November until Thanksgiving! This year was Thanksgiving with the Okeson side of the family! We went to Jeff's sisters house in Layton, we left Cedar on Wednesday afternoon, after the "huge" storm hit ha ha ha huge my but! We hung out with the kiddos and then Thursday we went on a tour of the Davis Co jail, Matt our brother-in-law works there, it was pretty sweet to see; it is not the same as you see on TV that is for sure. Then we had turkey day dinner and just chilled and hung out with his family. We were going to come home Friday but instead decided to hang out till Saturday. Friday night we had a game of canasta which didn't go so well because everyone plays by different rules, I was oh so confused lol!!! Then we came home Saturday unloaded the car and headed to St. Geezy to pick up the "kiddos" from Grandma's house!! When we got there it was so so so sad, my Mom's baby girl Mariah was down and couldn't get up. We did everything we could but she was a pretty good sized horse so we couldn't move her that much. I thought for sure if we just left her in peace after giving her our love she would just close her eyes and drift away. So we did just that, we said our goodbyes and left her to go in peace. Jeff and I decided we should take my mom to dinner to get her mind off of the whole thing since she was home by herself. After dinner we came home and that silly horse was still here trying to get up and talkin' like she was still young and crazy. It was so hard to deal with especially for my mama, but I kept telling her at least she lived a good life and she would be in a better place. Jeff and I had to leave to get back home that was also hard because I felt so bad leaving my mommy all alone at such a hard time. The next morning I called to see how things were going and she said that My My was still hanging in there, eating carrots and still trying to get up. She also said my Dad had made it home and that they were able to flip her to her other side but she still couldn't get up and stand. The next day my mom called me and told me that My My had passed and they were going to bury her the next day. Then she called me after they buried her and she told me that she put a carrot and apple in the grave with her just in case she got hungry on her way. I cried and cried it was so emotional to hear the sadness and emotion in my mom's voice losing her baby was so hard. Sometimes you forget just how much some things and some people mean to you until you suffer loss. My Dad got Mariah for my Mom when they were first married, so she was their first baby. She was my mommy's favorite old lady and now she is waiting on the other side for her to ride her again!! At least she is in a better place and isn't suffering anymore! To say the least after Thanksgiving wasn’t the best, but you just gotta keep moving forward so we have all tried to do just that!!!



December- Well we are only a week in, but Christmas is right around the corner!!! I have the house all decorated and cute!! Our Christmas this year is going to be a little less about gifts and a little more about the spirit and joy of Christmas. Unfortunately do the current economic situation Jeff’s work isn’t getting a Christmas bonus so we don’t get to buy tons of stuff, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!! I am just thankful and glad that we have a roof over our heads and food on our table. As for our plans for Christmas we will be doing Christmas morning with Jeff’s family and then my family is coming up to our house and I (with my mommy’s help) am cooking Christmas dinner!!!
I most likely won’t post anything till after Christmas or even the New Year!! So if I don’t I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Much love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment