Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
WARNING: This blog may contain mean, annoying, crazy, and sometimes down right horrible text. Readers beware!!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Oh the month of December and it isn't even over YET!!!

So this is a crazy month for most people, although we love the holidays sometimes you just need to take a step back and take it all in. Well life is crazy and crazy things sometimes just happen to the best of us and to the worst of us! This month started out as a downer, no Holiday bonus from Jeff's work, I got sick and it wouldn't go away, I applied for a job and haven't heard back, the list could go on and on.


Jeff's work party was on Wednesday night, still in pain but being the amazing wife that I am we went. It was fun, I shouldn't have eaten but I did and it cost me later. They gave out gifts to everyone that was there, I got two coffee mugs and Jeff got a sweet wood toy which he traded for golf balls and another mug! Then at the very end they surprised everyone by giving them all a Christmas Bonus!! It was pretty cool to see all these people so excited about getting the bonus because a lot of them could use it, even us!!!


On Friday the 10th I started to get a stomach ache which I thought was just a stomach ache then I got this awful pain which I thought was heartburn, well turns out I am no doctor and the pain and agony just got worse and worse. I tried being tough and waiting it out but on Thursday the 16th I couldn't handle it anymore. So I decided to have Jeff take me to the doctor, we have a few nurses in the family and they thought the problem was my gallbladder so I was taking stuff to try to help it such as lots of juice and antacids, we waited FOREVER and EVER for the doctor to come in. Once he came into the room he asked things like when my last period was, and what and where the pain was, and other symptoms I have been having, and also what I was taking for it. I explain all I could manage since I was suffering in excoriating pain. Well the super nice doctor starts poking and pushing on my stomach, did I mention the pain, well it made the pain a million times worse. Then he said well "I think it is your gallbladder, however the pain is in a strange location, I am going to proscribe you pain meds and some other pill and I want you to go have a blood test and schedule an ultrasound" If you know me at all you could imagine my frustration, a) being in so much pain  b) not getting an actual answer and c) being so hungry and thirty I could have eatin Jeff!!! So to say the least I was not impressed we went and scheduled my ultrasound and got my blood drawn, which didn't hurt a bit, then we went and filled my prescription and went home. The nice doctor told me that I needed to eat a low fat diet and eat frequent small meals, so I made Jeff take me to the store cause we didn't have anything to eat that was "low-fat" and I was starving from throwing up all morning!
Once we got home I had a dinner of low-fat cottage cheese and 6 olives, some juice, and a cup of fruit; then Jeff so kindly informed me that if I wanted to eat anything I would have to get up at 6:30 with him cause I couldn't eat or drink anything for 6 hours before my ultrasound. So bright and early this morning I woke up and had a yogurt and took my purple pill and went back to sleep with all intentions of not waking up till 2 so I could go to the doctor. Well AMAZING news, at 10am the doctor called and said.."how are you feeling today", I told him I woke up early and only took the purple pill and I didn't have the horrible pain only a slight pain, he said he was looking over my blood test and my liver and all that was fine, however there were high levels of H pylori which is the bacteria in the stomach. This can be caused due to ulcers of the stomach and the only way to see if I have ulcers is to shove some thing down my throat. NO THANK YOU!!! So he said the best treatment is 2 different types of antibiotics and another pill like the purple pill, along with a low fat diet of frequent meals!! So that is the plan and he said he wanted me to stay on it for a few months and if noting changes then I should come back and we will do the ultrasound and see if it is my gallbladder, and if it is we will have to take it out :( so hopefully this works and makes me all better!!


Now on to Christmas, I am still cooking for the family hopefully it goes well!! Monday we are going on our annual Vegas trip, I am pretty excited to hang out and shop with my mommy and my sissy and even Bobbi!!


I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Don't worry I will try to keep you posted on my health and life! Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment